Some more notes regarding our next trip:
- UTS Gridiron have a game on the Saturday we are traveling down to KV: 7pm Berkeley Park, (Mustangs v UTS). Berkeley Park is off the motorway south of Wollongong. The time isn’t great – 7pm is too late for us to drop by on the way to KV.
- we didn’t get to that game
- we travelled via Kangaroo Valley Rd which leaves the Princes Hwy at Berry and is a rough, winding stretch. When we got to KV I noticed one trailer brake-light wasn’t working. It ended up being a faulty bit of wiring, which I’ve now fixed. I replaced the dodgy connectors with soldered joints.
- here are some pics
We are going down to Kangaroo Valley again so here are some notes:
- we haven’t been to Manning Lookout on previous trips, or not that I can remember
- I don’t think we’ve taken the boys to Cambewarra Lookout
- we should try the other 2 short walks near Lake Yarrunga (Three Views Walk)
- take ACF details to book ashes tickets
- Next time remember to take my little gas blowtorch, better than matches.
- We did the 2nd Lake Yarrunga walk so just one to go.
Another trip is in the planning stage so I thought I would summarise our previous trips.
- In May 2007 we went with Andrea and have an album.
- During 2009 we went twice, in July and October. For the July trip we have a blog post and an album. For the October trip we have an album.
- During 2010 we also went twice, in May and September/October. For May we have a blog post and an album. For September we have an album.
I’m sure we visited before 2007 but I can’t find any photos. (To get a list of the posts just click on the Kangaroo Valley link at the end of this post). In addition to the previous lists of ‘things to do and take’:
- take the GPS (the one we took to Europe but didn’t need to use)
- don’t forget the KV maps+blurbs bag
- a useful website is KVExplorer
- The weather was fabulous.
- The car+trailer went fine.
- Here are some photos.
- Mobile phone connectivity was much better than last time, including 3G.
- We did a nice little bush-walk to the Lake Yarrunga Lookout. There are 2 other lookouts nearby which we should try next time.
- We used 2 black transport bags in the trailer. These are sold to be strapped to car roofs but they fit snugly side-by-side in the trailer. So the large regular-shaped containers, including the eski, went into the trailer while the food and small or odd-shaped things went into the car boot.